Personal Injury Information

Dram Shop Liability: Bar Owners and Drunk-Driving Accidents

Drunk drivers are not the only parties responsible for the injuries and deaths caused by drunk driving accidents. In Oh...

Read More

Personal Injury – Motor Vehicle F.A.Q.

PDF Print

Q: What if the accident was the other driver's fault?

A: If the other driver was at fault, you may be entitled to compensation - for your personal injuries, pain, suffering, car damage and other expenses such as lost wages or the cost of a nurse needed after the accident. You should make a claim with the other driver's insurance company. Remember, their job is to give you as little money as possible! That is why our law firm can help you.

You should also be aware that there are strict time limitations to file a lawsuit, so it is imperative that you seek legal counsel immediately. If your time to sue expires, you will be forever barred from recovery. This sometimes happens when a victim is tied up on endless negotiations with an insurance adjuster. Don't mess around, get a lawyer!

If our law firm accepts your case, it will be handled on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless we recover money for you, except costs advanced. Our fee comes in the form of a percentage of the recovery. Contingency fees can vary, please contact us for a free case evaluation and to find out if we can accept your case.

Q: Should I seek medical attention if I'm not sure that I am hurt?

A: It is a good idea to get a medical checkup after an accident even if you do not know if you have been injured. It is possible that you have soft tissue damage or other injuries and are not aware of them. It is important that when you make your claim to the other insurance company that you know all of your damages, which includes your injuries. Once you settle or otherwise resolve your case, you cannot go back and get more money.

Q: What if the other driver does not have insurance?

A: If the other driver caused the accident and is not insured, your own policy will pay for your personal injuries - if you have "uninsured motorist" or "medical payments" coverage. If the other driver's insurance is not enough to pay for all of your damages, your own insurance may pay the difference - if you have "underinsured motorist" coverage. If you do not have these kinds of insurance or if your damages are more than the policies limit, you can sue the other driver. However, even if you win the case, you cannot be sure that the other driver has the money to pay. If you have the collision insurance, it will pay for damage to your car, no matter who is at fault.

Q: What is a "contingency fee"?

A: A contingency fee provides that the attorney takes a percentage of the actual money recovered for you. This provides a means for people to get lawyers without having to pay by the hour, which can add up to thousands of dollars. This risk-free fee structure provides access to the courts when it might otherwise be cost-prohibitive.

Q: Should I give a statement to the other insurance company?

A: Simply put, NO! What you say to the insurance company can and will be used for their defense. By giving a statement without the benefit of a lawyer present, you are giving them a free shot at wiggling out of their liability. Seek legal counsel immediately and let your lawyer do what lawyers do best: fight for your rights.

Anderson Office
(Main Office)

8075 Beechmont Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45255
(513) 474-3700
Fax: (513) 388-4652
Norwood Office
4631 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212
(513) 351-7000
Mason & West Chester

8581 Mason Montgomery Rd
Suite 3
Mason, Ohio 45040
(513) 474-3700
Florence Office
6900 Houston Road
Suite 12
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 283-2444
Northgate Office
9600 Colerain Ave
Suite 407

Cincinnati, Ohio 45251
(513) 474-3700
Mobile Version | Standard Version
©2014 Kathleen Mezher & Associates, LLC - All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The contents of this website is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. "THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT”.
Our law firms serve clients in Ohio & Northern Kentucky Counties such as, Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, Warren, Highland, Clinton, Montgomery, Brown, Boone, Kenton & Campbell counties
Law Firm Website Design by The Modern Firm